Since 1991, the ITSA Scholarship Program has contributed to the growth of the thermal spray community, especially the development of new technologists and engineers. The International Thermal Spray Association is very proud of this education partnership and encourages all eligible participants to apply.
Applications are accepted annually, May 1 through July 15. Up to two one-year scholarships worth $2,000 each may be awarded each year and announced in August.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY applications meeting ALL criteria listed below will be accepted for consideration.
- Student must be actively pursuing a postgraduate degree in thermal spray processes (plasma, flame, arc, HVOF) or materials at an accredited university.
- Student must have at least one more year left in studies (after the current year).
- Student must be recommended by a supervisor of the university the student is attending. Student’s financial need must be verified by professor.
- Student must be recommended by at least one industrial source.
- Via letter, the student must present his/her interest in pursuing a career in thermal spray (maximum of 3 typed pages).
- Student must include completed application form (print from ITSA Web Site).
- Paperwork must be received May 1 through July 15 ONLY. Paperwork received outside these dates will not be considered.
ALL applications must be sent via regular mail to:
International Thermal Spray Association
c/o American Welding Society
8669 NW 36 Street, Suite 130
Miami, FL 33166
T: (800) 443-9353 | F: (305) 443-7559
Send questions via e-mail to: email@example.com